Aktive FTP wit Iptables
  • From: mk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 13:36:03 +0100
Hello List,
I'm trying to connect to any outside FTP with a aktive ftp conx type from a
client
behind the supposed firwall but that doesnt work, only passive is allowed.
I understand the basics with in/output and forwarding, all my supposed
sercies
are working in and outgoing, from my firewall i can connect aktiv or passive
ftp out and vice versa but not from the client behind.

It doesnt matter if I allow all new connections to input or forward, the
only
difference is that ftp_data is not appearing in the log anymore ????, the
ip_conntrack_ftp module is loaded.

Does anybody discover the same problem or has a fix/sample for this case ???

Many thx i adv
Matthias Krauss