Re: [suse-security] YOU
  • From: Markus Gaugusch <markus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 18:31:43 +0100 (CET)
> simple question: Is it possible to run YOU (YaST Online Update) from the
> shell or must it be done from within YaST2 ?
No, you can run "yast2 online_update" to perform an online update.
Like someone else suggested, you can run in console mode with
unset DISPLAY
A useable TERM variable for PuTTY is
export TERM=xterm
to make YaST2 behave and look correctly.
To select an FTP server in text mode press "cursor down" (took me some
time to find out ...)

hth
Markus
--
Markus Gaugusch ICQ 11374583 \ / ASCII Ribbon Campaign