Re: [suse-security] kernel panic under high load
  • From: John Andersen <jsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 21:44:36 -0900
On Wednesday 02 January 2002 04:19 am, Christoph Egger wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I use SuSE 7.3 on a file server with Samba 2.2.1a (shipped with SuSE 7.3).
> But under high load, the SuSE Kernel panics.
>
> I am now downloading kernel 2.4.17 to compile and install myself.

I noticed no one addressed the subject of whether the kernal panic is
samba related or kernel related. What lead you to believe it was either?
Or are you trying a shotgun approach.

(Interested, because I've just installed two such server in the last
two weeks and have seen no panics even when dumping tons
of data onto the servers drives thru samba).

--
John Andersen / Juneau Alaska