SuSEFirewall2 and IPTABLES Question
  • From: Robert Rottscholl <lv426@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2002 10:50:01 +0100
Dear List,

I built an own Firewall with IPTABLES (I inserted every Rule myself) and
I want now change to SuSEFirewall2.
My Questions are,
1. Would you change to SuSEFirewall2 or would you act like the slogan
says "Never touch a running System!"?
2. I've inserted a rule to only let connections into my network if they
belong to a parent connection like:
<!--snap
iptables -A FORWARD -d $LOCAL_NET -i $WORLD_DEV -o $LOCAL_DEV -m state --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
snap--!>
Now my Question:
Does SuSEFIREWALL2 offer this Feature and how can it be activated?
What do you think about this rule? Is it usefull or garbish?

Sysinfo:

kernel: 2.4.17
SuSE: 7.2
iptables: 1.2.2