Re: [suse-security] non-working mail-funktion
  • From: Steffen Dettmer <steffen@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 12:55:14 +0100
* Mark Tinka wrote on Thu, Jan 03, 2002 at 05:46 +0000:
> before moving to postfix, i also experienced this
> problem with sendmail.... it needed to be restarted
> twice before it could start a listener process on 25

This sounds like a socket timeout problem. Usually it takes a few
seconds to listen(2) on a socket again, before a "socket in use"
is returned. The timings depend on the state of the socket (were
there connections or not...).

> defining the full path to the daemon.. that is..

You mean full path to the rc-script? I don't think that this is
involved.

Anyway, not really security relevant...

oki,

Steffen