Re: [suse-security] SuSEFirewall2 and IPTABLES Question
  • From: Steffen Dettmer <steffen@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 13:02:55 +0100
* Robert Rottscholl wrote on Thu, Jan 03, 2002 at 10:50 +0100:
> I built an own Firewall with IPTABLES (I inserted every Rule myself) and
> I want now change to SuSEFirewall2.
> My Questions are,
> 1. Would you change to SuSEFirewall2 or would you act like the slogan
> says "Never touch a running System!"?

Well, for security reasons you'll have to break it for every
update :). But I would say "use the system you're most familiar
with".

> Now my Question:
> Does SuSEFIREWALL2 offer this Feature

I would guess it uses it, of course.

> What do you think about this rule? Is it usefull or garbish?

A little bit to open I guess...

If you start with SuSEfirewall, I would recommend to start
iptables to view the generated rules and check if they are as
desired.

oki,

Steffen