YOU does not preselect openssh patches (suse 7.3)
  • From: Thomas Werschlein <werschlein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 18:35:12 +0100 (CET)
I just noticed that YOU does not preselect the openssh patches
although the openssh RPM is installed. If you rely on the preselection
(which would be nice) this is dangerous because you won't get any
openssh patches installed even though they are available.

The reason for this behaviour seems to be the version of the RPM I
have got on my 7.3 CD:
openssh-2.9p2-39.i386.rpm

The patches on the other hand have versions
openssh-2.9.9p2-[38|74].i386.rpm
^^
!!

so original RPM and patches do not match and yast does not preselect it.

I think it would be nice if SuSE would point to this version mismatch
in an upcoming security posting (apologies if there was one and I
missed it).

Thomas

--
Thomas Werschlein, Interlace AG, CH-8005 Zurich werschlein@xxxxxxxxxxxx