Re: [suse-security] Nachgefragt
  • From: Harald Nikolisin <harald.nikolisin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 13:47:01 +0100
A good choice is (also in german)

"Das Firewall Buch". written by Wolfgang Barth, published by SuSE Press.

The book has a longer theory part and describe later the mechanism of
iptables (only that, not the older kernel implementations like ipchains...).
Very well are 2 chapters with example implementations of a standalone host,
and a network with masquerading and DMZ.

really very good. you can customize the examples very quickly for your own
needings.

greetings
harald nikolisin

Am Montag, 7. Januar 2002 12:38 schrieb Hans Körber:
> Hallo Nils,
>
> Nils Wunsch wrote:
> > hello
> > Due to little to no assistance for iptable beginners like me as well as
> > there the mailing list only professionals for professionals is probable.
> > Have I only one question gives it except of SUSE a Firewall book which to
> > help can.
>
> I suggest the following book (in German):
>
> Robert Ziegler: "Linux Firewalls. Konzeption und Implementierung für
> kleine Netzwerke und PCs". Markt + Technik, 2000
>
> It is aimed towards "ipchains" but can easily be adapted to the newer
> "iptables". The book does not only tell you what to do but also why to
> do it. It will help you to quickly build your own firewall.
>
> Regards,
> Hans

< Previous Next >