Masquerading unter Kernel 2.4
  • From: "OKDesign oHG Security Administrator" <security@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 15:11:18 +0100
Hi folks,

I seem to have a problem with getting my LAN into the net.
I've set up a new 7.3-system (Kernel 2.4) which sould act as a
router/proxy/firewall between the LAN and the internet (I don't like my
users surfing in the net directly *g*). My own workstation should be able to
connect to the net directly while the rest of the LAN has to use squid, so I
have to activate Masquerading. But this won't work. I normally use:

ipchains -P forward MASQ
ipchains -A forward -s 192.168.0.110 -j MASQ

But this won't work anymore. Is there a new syntax for it ?

Second problem is, when opening a connection (ADSL) with rp-pppoed the
connection is done, I get my dynamic IP, but can't connect to any host in
the net. When trying a ping, I get "connection error" (or failure ? Don't
know exactly as I'm at home again). I did everything as usually (adsl-setup,
typing in the correct information, adsl-start) but there is some problem. As
I said, the connection is "opened" and my dynIP is also given, but nothing
else. Also traceroute won't work (lots of *, thats all). Routing seems to be
okay (default 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 eth1, which is the network-card connected to
the DSL-modem).

Any hint, also if only an URL where I can find the infos, is greatly
appreciated.

... First tries with Kernel 2.4 and nothing works :-) ...

thx.
Stephan

< Previous Next >