Re: [suse-security] Attack or not?
  • From: Eduard Avetisyan <dich_ed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 06:59:54 -0800 (PST)

^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^

> > Anyway, I wonderd if anyone has seen something similar yet
> and if
> > I have to worry.
>
> I've seen the very same symptoms after system crashes in
> different log files.
> The filesystem is reiserfs. I don't know if this has something
> to do with it.
> Sometimes there have been kde config files affected the same
> way, which
> crashed afterwords KDE, when trying to read them.
> For me it's for pretty sure, that this is no hack.
Even worse - it sometimes affect binary files! And then
afterwards when you try to execute it, you get "binary format
error" or "not ELF-header found" :( Some people told me it's
reiserfs, and some others - that it's kernel 2.4.x... Anyone has
an idea what can be done against this?

Eduard