RE: [suse-security] Attack or not?
  • From: Chris <clinnet@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 16:18:18 -0600
A comment on the reiserfs.

I had it installed on two 'older' eMachines. Both of them experienced
failures of random startup scripts upon boot. Each time I would shut down
and reboot, a different service would fail. I switched back to ext2 and
have had zero problems since.

However, on a newer Thunderbird machine, the reiserfs works excellent and
is much faster than the ext2.

No one has given me a clear answer as to why.

-Chris