Re: [suse-security] Attack or not? or better: Reiserfs
  • From: Peter van den Heuvel <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 00:28:51 +0100
[ ... Please only quote relevant stuff ... ]
> I ran SuSE 7.1 and now I am using 7.3. On both systems I had reiserfs
> *without* the mentioned trouble! And I still haven't (keep my fingers crossed
> after reading all the trouble....) But...
> The boot partition is ext2!!! And that's on purpose, for a friend of mine
> indicated that having your boot partition on reiserfs is asking for trouble
> (which is his experience).

Do note that the HD controller is a factor as well. Although I still
prefer Ext[23] for important stuff, I do have a proplem with fsck [wait
for ever] for any filesystem that's controlled by an Adaptec 29160 as of
kernel 2.4.10. No solid Fix yet.

While I'm typing this, I also start to realize that we're getting
awfully of-topic here... So s'cuze-me folks :^(

CIAO, Peter