Re: Masquerading unter Kernel 2.4
  • From: "OKDesign oHG Security Administrator" <security@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 11:30:57 +0100
Allright,

for the first i'd like to thank those who pointed me into the right
direction towards iptables; I didn't know that Kernel 2.4 per default only
uses iptables and no ipchains anymore. I now got it to work with iptables.
My second problem is only partially solved. The error was/is definitely that
rp-pppoed does not set the new defaultroute properly to ppp0 but to eth1,
which is wrong. I checked /etc/ppp/options, but couldn't find any relevant
option. So I extended ip-up with "route del default" and "route add default
ppp0", which works; but this couldn't be the way it should be done. Any
ideas what could be the reason why rp-pppoed doesn't change the
default-route ?
And one last question (okay, at least by now *g*): How do I tell linux to
forward requests to a specific port to a specific machine in the LAN ? With
Kernel 2.2 I used ipmasqadm, but this order is also unknown to Kernel 2.4...

Thanks in advance

Stephan