Re: Lan
  • From: Richard Ibbotson <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 11:33:18 +0000
Herman

>I have a nt 4.0 network with winxp en 2 suse linux 7.3 pc's. In the
>tree of the network i can see mij windows machines but not the Linux
>machines. Wat can I do to show them in the networklist (tree) and
>also keep it safe

Being somone who has known Jeremy Alison for quite a few years I can
explain that Samba security can be a trivial thing or it can be
extremely difficult to understand. For yourself it might be that
it's a bit tough to get to grips with.

It is probably best to subscribe to the Samba list to ask questions.
Jeremy and all of the other Samba developers are on that list. They
can help you directly or someone from the SGI labs will help you.

Thanks

--
Richard

www.sheflug.co.uk