Re: AW: AW: [suse-security] Lan
  • From: Robert VASILE <robert.vasile@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 15:12:25 +0200
Hello OKDesign oHG Security Administrator,

OKDesign> Of course you are right. There is a tool named SWAT for administering Samba.
OKDesign> But I couldn't get it to work as I want it to. Maybe I'm just too silly
OKDesign> *sigh* or I didn't spend enough time for it, but I'm used to "hack" smb.conf
OKDesign> and I know exactly what I get for what I type in. But for beginners, of
OKDesign> course SWAT may be interesting.
OKDesign> Stephan
OKDesign> -----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
OKDesign> Von: Ray Leach [mailto:raymondl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
OKDesign> Gesendet: Dienstag, 8. Januar 2002 13:23
OKDesign> An: OKDesign oHG Security Administrator
OKDesign> Cc: suse-security@xxxxxxxx
OKDesign> Betreff: Re: AW: [suse-security] Lan
OKDesign> You can use swat to configure samba. Much easier than hacking a conf file.
OKDesign> OKDesign oHG Security Administrator wrote:

Also u can give a trry to WebMin... There's a pretty good tool in
webmin that you can use.. i think is better then using swat ( i like
it more ;) )

Best regards,
Robert VASILE

RenbraNET.ro