Re: AW: AW: [suse-security] Lan
  • From: Ralf Koch <info@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 14:31:52 +0100
I think the problem is not how to start SWAT, it's more how to make SWAT
doing what you want. For in-depth configuration of special needs you have
to manually configure samba (and other proggies too).
That's the fun of not having a simple "point and click" system w/o the
possibility to control every single item....

Just my 2 cent (Euro - Cent!)

Ralf

>> Of course you are right. There is a tool named SWAT for administering
>Samba.
>> But I couldn't get it to work as I want it to. Maybe I'm just too silly
>
>that's simple - just add
> swat stream tcp nowait.400 root /usr/sbin/swat swat
>to your /etc/inetd.conf and start/restart inetd et voila, connect to
>http://sambaserver:901/, log in as root and have fun :-)
>
>There is a way to run SWAT via an encrypted tunnel
>(https://sambaserver:901).
>In order to install SWAT with SSL-support have a look at
>http://at.samba.org/samba/docs/swat_ssl.html
>
>> *sigh* or I didn't spend enough time for it, but I'm used to "hack"
>smb.conf
>> and I know exactly what I get for what I type in. But for beginners, of
>> course SWAT may be interesting.

*
* Ralf 'coko' Koch
* mailto:info@xxxxxxxxxx
*
---
Gute Nachricht: Windows 2000 ist 100% kompatibel. Die weltweit besten
Forscher suchen nur noch, womit.