Re: [suse-security] Attack or not?
  • From: John Andersen <jsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 18:42:15 -0900
On Tuesday 08 January 2002 06:38 am, Joachim Weller wrote:
> It mainly occures when I was forced to "Hard-" power off due to system
> hangs by cutting off Power. I suspect BIOS/PCI/APIC Interrupt-share
> Problems for the hangs on my old Mainboard hp Vectra XU6/200. During boot I
> get always:

When it hangs....
You too?

I REALLY like Dualies for linux, but of all the boxes I've put up
with reiserfs, its only the dual processor boxes that hang.
Its not just Suse either, I used to have this one on Turbolinux
and moved to Suse cuz I thought Turbo was hanging too much.

My single processor boxes never hang. Never!! And some of
them are reiserfs too. (Various Distros).

I get lot of apic errors, and can't find anything on the web
as to what to do about them. I only get them on the dual
Celery boxes, not on the dual PII boxes.

--
John Andersen / Juneau Alaska