RE: [suse-security] creating a normal user just for reboot
  • From: "Paxton, Michael" <michael.paxton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 10:29:18 +1100
Didnt there used to be (way back when..) a user called halt or shutdown (or
something) in some distros whose shell was shutdown or init 0 (or, again,
something). IIRC they were configured so that the user could only connect to
console - probably for the obvious reasons.
Long time back... brain hurts