Re: [suse-security] creating a normal user just for reboot
  • From: Peter Nixon <nix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 19:34:55 +0200
On Thu, 10 Jan 2002 23:53:02 +0100
Huge Rademaker <cert-security@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Op donderdag 10 januari 2002 23:39, schreef u:
> > Hi folks.
> >
> > I want to enable a user to login, and after succesful login the system
> > reboots.
>
> I shall not ask why you want that..... Is he a good friend of yours?
>

> > I tried out the following:
> > - creating an user
> > - in ~/.profile I put "sudo /sbin/reboot"
> > - with visudo I defined "<username> ALL: NOPASSWD: /sbin/reboot"
> > but this won't work.
> >
> > Am I missing something or am I totally on the wrong way ?
>
> I suggest you change the user's login shell to /sbin/reboot (in /etc/passwd).
> But I've never tried that.

And, of course you will need to set his UID to 0 in /etc/passwd

--
Viel SpaƟ

Peter Nixon - nix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
SuSE Security FAQ Maintainer
http://www.susesecurity.com/faq/

"If you think cryptography will solve the problem, then you don't understand cryptography and you don't understand your problem."

< Previous Next >