RE: [suse-security] creating a normal user just for reboot
  • From: "Paxton, Michael" <michael.paxton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 10:13:40 +1100
Isnt it better to NOT add a new user with a full interactive shell?
It just seems better to have a user that can ONLY run reboot than a user
that can log in, interact with the system AND run reboot. You also sort of
add your shell, your .profile and sudo as points of failure (wonderful and
bug free tho they all are).

just a thought