ipchains...iptables...help
Hi,

I have 2 machines, one Linux box (running SuSE 7.2) and a Windows NT box. I
have setup the ethernet cards on each machine, Linux is 192.168.0.1 and
Windows NT is 192.168.0.2.

I am trying to configure the Linux box to allow masquerading so I can get
access to the net on the windows box via the Linux box. I have tried
installing iptables but there seems to be a problem.... The command
iptables -L produces loads of errors like

xx/xxx/ip_tables.o: init_module: Device or resource busy
xx/xxx/ip_tables.o: insmod xx/xxx/ip_tables.o failed
ending with ..... Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.

I was lead to believe what I am trying to do is fairly simple....so could
someone out there please help before I go mad - I have lost 3 days on this
now already.

Questions are:

I have also looked into using ipchains. To use ipchains do I have to
install a firewall? If so can someone give me some ideas of the steps for
setup i.e. 1. install firewall 2. setup ipchains 3. configure....

Is it worth trying to sort out the iptables problems?, bearing in mind I
want to setup a simple network of 2 machines just for myself.....

Can anyone supply some examples of how all this has been done if anyone has
done something similar - I find it much easier to work things out with
examples....

Hope there is someone out there who can point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Dan