Setup of Sendmail with AUTH using cyrus-sasl
  • From: "Evert Smit" <admin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 23:39:45 +0100
Hi list,

by now i found out how to set this up, after spending 3 days of research (i
am sorta new to this :) )

Here the link that runs you through the setup of Sendmail >=8.10 using
cyrus-sasl to enable sendmail authentication. also i am wondering about your
oppinion. Is this a good solution, is it a hack, what do you think

http://www.ledge.co.za/scripts.phtml?page=smtpauth

My configuration
SuSE 7.3
cyrus-sasl-1.5.24-157
openssl-0.9.6b-62
sendmail-tls-8.11.6-82

btw, if someone could mail me the syntax for the following solution
smtp over ssl, while running sendmail as independant deamon.

probabbly someting like
smtps stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/stunnel smtp -p
/usr/local/ssl/certs/mail.pem -r smtp

thanks for yer help, most of my answers i found in the archives here.

regards and good nite
Evert