Re[2]: [suse-security] MySQL cluster
  • From: Ralf Koch <info@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 14:55:25 +0100
Hi Daniele,

Data security is offtopic for a security list?!? If so, please excuse my
noise on this list.

If not: The solutions shown from mysql.com etc. concerning redundancy are
not what I was initially looking for. These systems are running as single
master - multiple slave servers. If the master fails, you won't loose
your data, but you have to manually change a slave server to be the
master and probably you have to change a lot of scripts to get this
master working as a replacement of the initial one. And I'm going to run
sensitive data on this db eg. for logins, credit card information etc.

The solution Carlos was showing up using a wrapper seems to be a possible
way.

Thanks to everybody for wasting your time on a possible offtopic data
security issue!

Ralf

>On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 02:18:08PM +0100, Ralf Koch wrote:
>>I'm looking only for an "online" redundancy - the only way not to loose
>>information if one of the systems goes down. I'm not good in programming
>>- scripting is the highest level I'm able of - so I need a some more
>>hints how to build a working wrapper for this. Any idea?
>>
>And please stop sending mails to the list, it's completely offtopic!
>
>If you had tried google.com first, you didnt have to write to the
>mailinglist. Searching for "redundancy linux mysql" shows the pages you
>need.
>
>Daniele

*
* Ralf 'coko' Koch
* mailto:info@xxxxxxxxxx
*
---
Viren machen auch etwas Nützliches, z.B. Windows löschen.