RE: [suse-security] Allow ICQ under SuSEfirewall2?
  • From: "Mauricio Latorre" <mlatorre@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 16:45:38 -0300
ICQ it's a risk inside a network. A way to avoid this risk and allow the
chat, U can use a web-proxy in order to send the messages by a HTTP tunnel.
ICQ can do this, and IMHO it's a bit more secure.

To allow NTP, you just need to define the IP for Ur NTP server and allow UDP
input/output to their 123 port against a non-privileged port in your server
(over 1024)

Chubasco