Re: [suse-security] vnc masqueraded
  • From: Markus Gaugusch <markus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 10:38:31 +0100 (CET)
I have not followed the whole thread, but I do it this way:
ssh to the firewall with portforwarding enabled
ssh firewall -L 5901:clientpc1:5900
and in another window
vncviewer :1
(with windows you can use teraterm or putty and enable ssh forwarding in
the same manner, and connect to localhost:1 with vncviewer).
You should enable compression of ssh (with -C parameter), which makes vnc
more responsive and faster! And - most important - everything is secure.
VNC is INSECURE without encryption around it!

Markus

--
Markus Gaugusch ICQ 11374583 \ / ASCII Ribbon Campaign