Small home network and SuSEfirewall 2
  • From: Stefan Fricke <lists@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 00:57:13 +0100
I have a small network of three computers at home. All of them are running
under SuSE Linux 7.3. I call them A, B and C. A has a permenent connection to
the internet with an IP, B and C have private IPs which are masqueraded. On A
SuSE firewall 2 is running, right now all connections from outside are
blocked, all connections from inside to the internet are open.

Now I want to do the following:

1. An SSH connection from outside should be forwarded to B. That means, Users
who have an account on B should be able to login from outside (SSH only, no
Telnet or RLogin) without getting an account on A.

2. B should work as SMPT server. A connect on port 25 from outside should be
forwarded to B so that the SMTP server on B responds and handles the mail.

3. Users on B and C should be able to use all functions of LICQ.

4. Users of B and C should be able to use these computers as X terminal to
run X-Window-Software on distant servers.

How do I do that?

Stefan

  • No further messages