Re: [suse-security] Is bind 9.1.0 secure?
On Monday 21 January 2002 12:39, Kurt Seifried wrote:

> It got bad enough that OpenBSD dropped his software from _ports_.
>
> Plus most of his software stagnates quite quickly, and he doesn't
> officially accept contributions, so you end up missing basic functionality
> that is addressed by third party (unaudited typically) patches.

Doesn't DJB also use a very awkward license? Reading through his comments,
on other software in the links posted, was enough actually to put me off
DJB's software. Hard to imagine him fielding security concern found by
another very sympathetically.

There's a lot of hype about, it's better to review the track record on
advisories of the major packages yourself, and see what the problems really
are, and how frequent. Was there a spate of them after a rewrite, or before
for example, how much scrutiny does the software get, and is it widely used?

Rob

< Previous Next >