Re: [SLE] Kernel RPMs in the ftp sites.
  • From: Nadeem Hasan <nhasan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 10:35:12 -0500
Anders Johansson wrote:

> On Saturday 19 January 2002 18.19, Nadeem Hasan wrote:
> > You are assuming that
> > everyone uses and needs initrd. That is not true.
>
> and you are assuming everyone uses and needs lilo. That is not true.
>
> look at grub, for instance

My bad in assuming that :) You are right, it would be a *really* bad
idea if lilo was executed automatically. But I am still unable to buy
the initrd idea from ckm. He keeps talking about people needing initrd,
while I was only talking about people who don't. Those are the people
who don't use reiserfs for root fs, scsi disks or RAID and hence don't
need to build initrd. I was one of those till lately, before I moved
to ext3 on LVM :)

Cheers,
--
Nadeem Hasan