Re: [suse-security] probs with ftp-masquerading
  • From: Tim Head <mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 23:13:37 +0100
Hi

what about using passive mode ftp ? if you can live with the 'restriction' that some(only very few) ftpd don't support PASSIVE mode ftp yet.

just my (now) 2euro cents

tim

OKDesign oHG Security Administrator wrote:

Hi folks,

this question is not really directly security-related, but I'm gonna post it
here, because I got the problem due to my intention to be as secure as
possible :)

<snip>

</snip>

Routing/MAsquerading is actually done with:
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o ppp0 -j MASQUERADE
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

Is something missing ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Stephan

--
The question is what is a manamanahhhh?
The question is who cares?

"The Universe is a pretty big place, it's bigger than anything anyone has ever dreamed of before. So if it's just us, seems like an awful waste of space, right?"

< Previous Next >