Restricting rsync to ssh only
  • From: Togan Muftuoglu <toganm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 17:05:01 +0200

Hi,

Sorry if the question has been asked before and already replied then
just point me rather sending flames as it has already been an extremely
bad day.

This is what I want to do

I am placing a webserver on DMZ (192.168.2.2) apache is running
chrooted via compartment the webpages are located at $CHROOT/webhome the
directory and files are owned by wwwrun.nogroup

I want to be able to run rsync to update the web pages however I only
want to open the minimum number of ports in the firewall.
The question is how can I force rsync to except communication from ssh
only rather than from rsync port.

Thanks

--
Togan Muftuoglu