MD5 passwords again
Hello All,

Sorry to annoy you, but POP3 doesn't recognize MD5 passwords. All other
services are ok. POP3 works perfect for the users whose passwords were not
changed yet (i.e. were not converted to MD5).

Why should I want MD5 passwords? That's simple: we had a RedHat system using
MD5 passwords and
(i) we'd like to transfer all the users with their passwords to SuSE;
(ii) the existing passwords are longer than 8 characters.

Looks like I need further reading on the PAM, but maybe there's a proven
approach?

Thanks,
--
Boris Kimel