sendmail behind SuSEFirewall
  • From: "R. Ullenboom" <rene@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 13:29:58 +0100
Hi,

I'm trying to initialize an TDSL-Gateway. Masq. over SuSEFirewall and
transpararent Proxy with Squid seems to work.
(From MS-Client: Ping from DOS-Kommand-Line to Internet-Adress: REACHED;
Internet-Surfing from Webbrowser over Squid and also Downloads)

Before i'm going to install this Firewall in our 3-Man-Office, I'd like to
test some things at home.
Sendmail's running on my Workstation in the Office. In the future it should
exchange it's eMails behind the Firewall. Which ports do I have to aktivate
in Susefirewall (FW_SERVICES_EXTERNAL_TCP und FW_SERVICES_INTERNAL_TCP)? Do
I have to fill-in other Parameters somewhere else?
Which way is the best to test sendmail-Firewall-Passing ("telnet
'pop3-server_Internet' 110" or stupid MS-Outlook-Client or someth. else?)

Thanx for help,

Rene

  • No further messages