status of new kernel 2.4.16
  • From: Bob Vickers <bobv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 14:11:27 +0000 (GMT)
Hello,

A couple of times recently Roman (I think) has promised an imminent
security announcement associated with the new 2.4.16 kernel. It hasn't
arrived yet...could I ask whether there is a specific problem delaying it
or whether it is general work overload?

I'm not trying to get at SuSE here, and I know it delays you further if
you have to answer too many "is it nearly ready?" messages; I am just
looking for information to make an informed decision about whether to
upgrade yet. One of our main production machines has stability problems on
2.4.7 so I would like to upgrade, but I don't want to move to 2.4.16 if it
is being held back for stability reasons.

Thanks,
Bob
Bob Vickers R.Vickers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dept of Computer Science, Royal Holloway, University of London
WWW: http://www.cs.rhul.ac.uk/home/bobv
Phone: +44 1784 443691