RE: [suse-security] after ip ....
  • From: Boris Lorenz <bolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 14:56:06 +0100 (CET)
Hi Juan,

On 25-Jan-02 Juan Carlos S.C wrote:

> Ok, thanks whois is what I wanted. Now, what should I do? Is usefull to
> write an e-mail asking for an intrusion from that domain?
>
> I meant, sysadmin from ISP take care of that situation or simply drop
> this king of mail to /dev/null.

depending on the severity of the attack you want to report to the attacker's
ISP, they (the ISP admins) might send you a reply, detailing the things they
have done to find out who attacked you, if you're lucky. However, in most cases
you will get no answer at all, or just some automatic "we're working on
it"-reply.

Good mail addresses to write to are root@, abuse@, postmaster@, webmaster@ or
even info@.

If you really have something urgent and alarming to report, try to find a phone
number of a responsible person (tech-c, admin-c) and directly phone him/her up.

Boris
---