Online Update
  • From: Markus Gaugusch <markus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 10:33:38 +0100 (CET)
Does/will Yast online update support HTTP (or at least http proxy)?

As ftp is a weird protocol anyway, I don't think it should be used so
much, especially for important things like updates. I have some servers
behind an MS Proxy Server and can't use online update, because yast
doesn't support any proxy, and socksify + bouncer on a machine with MS
Proxy client installed doesn't work, too (http/ssh works thoug).
And once again, why is YOU not half as cool as apt-get ??

thanks
Markus
--
Markus Gaugusch ICQ 11374583 \ / ASCII Ribbon Campaign

< Previous Next >