Re: [suse-security] Online Update
  • From: Ralf Ronneburger <ralf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 20:50:26 +0100
Hi Jonathan,

just my 2 cent:

Does anyone think I should post to BugTraq? Or is there a better place then that for these kinds of issues? I suppose I should start with suse-linux-e....

No, calm down a little bit, the problem had time until you wrote to suse-security@xxxxxxxx about it, so it might just wait for some time to give the people at suse a chance to fix it.

Besides that I agree a lot with the critism about YOU that was stated here, I really think that there has to be done a lot to make it faster and more secure. On the other side - I only use YAST2 on my workstation and as long as it does as it should. Everything else is done by YAST1 - that is always an option if YAST2 doesn't do as you like. And although it's not click and go it does as it's supposed to. I hope SuSE does not drop it somewhere in the future!

Best regards,

Ralf Ronneburger

Ralf Ronneburger
ralf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Prefers to receive encrypted Mail, download public-key from
http://www.ronneburger.net/gpg/ralf_ronneburger.asc