Re: [suse-security] Online Update
  • From: Eduard Avetisyan <dich_ed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 13:14:16 -0800 (PST)
Hi Ralf,

I totally agree with you about the usefullness of yast1 and
would really love to see it preserved and supported also in the
future. Not in every ocasion one is able to launch yast2, even
though it looks nicer...

What about complains here (YOU does not do this and that and is
a, to quote - "HOLY CRAP") - are you people *linux* users or
what? If you don't like it - don't use it! If you like it in
general but think it can be improved - take it and make it,
period. I'm sure guys at SuSE will not hasitate to thank you for
the help as well as other people who use it later! You may know
that SuSE team is amazingly small for such a nice, robust and
advantageous product they make. And if for this or that reason
they can't get their hands on a certain thing - give them a
credit of time, at least! I'm not talking about security-related
stuff (again - one have to take care to report it correctly),
but the rest (http, proxy blablabla support) is certainly not
anything really missing. Would be good to have it, later :)

Sorry for getting slightly offtopic!

Eduard