timbuktu & SuSEfirewall2
  • From: "Olivier M." <qmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 01:41:14 +0100
Hello,

I have a SuSEfirewall2 running for a small subnet with
masquerading. Everything is fine, but now somebody in
intranet would like to access a Timbuktu-based server (it's pc-anywhere like)
outside, and it doesn't work... I guess it would probably
need another ip_masq module ? Or what do you think?

Here are the infos about the ports:
Timbuktu uses a well-defined UDP port, 407, for connection handshaking and
then switches to other TCP ports for each kind of service:

Service TCP Port
Control 1417
Observe 1418
Send Files 1419
Exchange Files 1420
Notify Dynamic TCP/IP ports above 1023
Chat Dynamic TCP/IP ports above 1023
Intercom Dynamic TCP/IP ports above 1023

Thx in advance for any hint!
Olivier
Olivier Mueller - om@xxxxxxx - PGPkeyID: 0E84D2EA - Switzerland
qmail projects: http://omail.omnis.ch - http://webmail.omnis.ch