Re: [suse-security] Online Update
  • From: Steffen Dettmer <steffen@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 10:42:16 +0100
* Roman Drahtmueller wrote on Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 14:02 +0100:
> > Does/will Yast online update support HTTP (or at least http proxy)?
>
> We are working on http support.

Hum; is SuSE reinventing the wheel and implements an own FTP
client? Couldn't you just use wget or a similar tool?

BTW: Is YOU meant for servers or for desktops only? I just gave
it a quick view (wasn't working :)), my fault I think, but it
seems to delete downloaded RPMs after installation.

oki,

Steffen