Re: [suse-security] Online Update
  • From: Rick Green <rtg@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 08:36:33 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, Robert Davies wrote:

> It only does that if you have 'Remove source-packages after update' option
> checkbox ticked on the Online Update Confirmation dialog. I do find that
> option poorly named as 'source-packages' to me, makes me think of source
> rpm's not the binary packages that you install.
>
> If you never delete and just leave the rpms you'll find /var/lib/YaST will
> get very large with updated rpm's after a while.

I wish it would place the RPMs into a directory structure that it can use
itself. I'd like to run YOU on one machine, then bring up an FTP server
on that machine, and be able to run YOU on all the other machines on the
LAN locally.
...and I agree with the other poster, I would like to see YOU reference
the rpm database, so that packages updated with YOU and with YAST are not
duplicated.
I really applaud the decision several releases ago to integrate the
update packages by symlink into the /current/ tree. So an FTP install is
truly current from the get-go. But when I run YOU, it immediately wants
to re-download some packages I just installed!

Rick Green