What should i expect from this messages?
  • From: Leo Rivas <leorivas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 09:39:34 -0400
Hi all
This is the first time i put a suse server to the internet and it is
beginning to scare me the the lot of logs and http requests (being not a
public server), from unknown ip's, following an advice from John
Andersen (thanks!), i have updated ssh to OpenSSH_2.9.9p2 (downloaded
the rom from the ftp update for suse 7.2), then, but still have many
logs like this:

Jan 30 03:46:54 linux sshd[24339]: Did not receive identification string
from ::ffff:200.68.47.114.

Jan 30 04:22:22 linux sshd[24400]: Bad protocol version identification
'.' from ::ffff:200.68.47.114

It is obvious that someone scanned the net and found my ssh running, and
is trying something, obviously he taken note of my ip and may try and
try to hack me isnt he?

How do I secure this? , ssh is on its defaults yet cause i dont
understand many of the options in /etc/ssh/ssh.conf and im afraid 'he'
may find a hole in there, i have read some docs, but found more about
login methodes than securing the server itself, give me clues, please.
Thanks in advance
Leo