Re: [suse-security] Musicmatch Installation
  • From: JW <jw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 20:29:28 -0600
Apparently you are not logged directly into the console. If you're su'd from a regular user to "root", you need to exit and use "sux" instead of "su" - sux will setup your X/display setting correctly. Note that other then that, it does not reset other environment variable, so you will be running as root with a normal users evns such as $PATH and $QTDIR.

OHT if you have ssh'd to a remote computer, you need to set up X-forwarding, but your description doesn't sound like that.

P.S. This thread should be moved to suse-linux-e as it's not security related.
P.P.S. When asking for help, please give as much information as you can. For example in this case I know that you're not logged in as root in a "normal" fashion such as directly into the console, but since you didn't give any details it's hard to give advise.