proxy server
  • From: Dimitri Melnikowitsch <dimitrim@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 14:49:31 +0100
Hi folks,
im going to set up an proxyserver for HTTP/FTP/SMTP/POP3 and maybe ssh(i don't know how, yet)

in my mind the network construction is looking like this:

$I-Net$ <---> $Outdoor router$ <---> $proxy/fw$ <---> $web-server/smtp$

Some words towards the "grafic": I'm going to proxy the services for the internet users. The proxy is not a router.
I think it might be more securer than a firewall.
May be you have some idea which proxy server will be the best choice?
I request comments for this idea. Wich advantage and disadvantage brings this method with it ?

thanks

Dimitri Melnikowitsch
IhrName@xxxxxx, 8MB Speicher, Verschluesselung - http://freemail.web.de
Das WEB.DE Zertifikat zur Pruefung digitaler Unterschriften gibts bei:
http://trust.web.de/root.sql