Re: [suse-security] Iptables, netfiltering? I need only...
  • From: mario libraro <m.libraro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 14:48:52 +0100
BLeonhardt@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi,
> so I'd try :
> If you want only from internal network ( ie eth0 ) and the external is eth1
> iptables -I INPUT -i eth1 -p tcp - -dport 22 -m state - -state
> NEW,ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j DROP
> iptables -I INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp - -dport 22 -j ACCEPT
> Maybe something like this could work ... much luck !

I installed SuSEFirewall2.. and recompiled the kernel to include:

- Network packet filtering (CONFIG_NETFILTER)

make dep
make bzlilo
CTRL-ALT-DEL & win-fashion reboot ;) (my kernel is all "static" (no
modules) sic!)

SuSEFirewall phase 1 of 3 OK
SuSEFirewall phase 2 of 3 OK
SuSEFirewall phase 3 of 3 AAGGHHH!

iptables v.2.1a: can't initialize iptables table 'mangle': iptables who?
(do you need insmod?)
Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.
iptables v.2.1a: can't initialize iptables table 'filter': iptables who?
(do you need insmod?)
Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.

[...repeated a thousand of times]

same error if I type

# iptables -L
iptables v.2.1a: can't initialize iptables table 'filter': iptables who?
(do you need insmod?)
Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.

:o( can you suggest me wether I have to add some other module to kernel?

--
Mario Libraro
Web Applications Developer

Fulltrading S.p.A.