Re: [suse-security] SuSE Security Announcement: OpenSSH
  • From: Roman Drahtmueller <draht@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 17:03:08 +0100 (MET)

> One question: why don't you mention SuSE 6.3 here?
>
> I'm not quite sure wether openssh was part of the original distribution
> (I'd have to dig out the CDs and check), but you certainly *did* provide
> openssh packages for 6.3 via the FTP server.

Yes, we did. openssh was not on the original distribution, and the
packages we have provided were broken.

> And since your support for 6.3 isn't discontinued until next monday ;-),
> you *should* provide an update for 6.3 as well...

We know. But is is a hassle to make openssh work flawlessly on a 6.3, this
is why we better did not support openssh on 6.3 any more and removed the
package.

> (I guess one can simply use the 6.4 packages since the 6.3 update
> directory on ftp.suse.de is just a symlink to 6.4 - right?)

It's worth a try, yes. If not, please upgrade to a newer distribution, or
use the ssh package (which works very fine on 6.3). Just make sure you
have all updates installed.

> Martin

Thanks,
Roman.