Re: [suse-security] can't restart sshd after updgrade
  • From: Peter Poeml <poeml@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 18:57:07 +0100
On Tue, Dec 04, 2001 at 06:02:44PM +0200, Togan Muftuoglu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Well as the subject says after installing openssh.rpm to SuSE 7.1 via
>
> # su -c ' rpm -Uhv openssh.rpm'
> I issued su to root
> and echo "rcsshd restart" |at now +2min
> and I logout from the machine. The command runs and sshd complains
>
> port 22 address has already binded
> /etc/ssh/primes not found using old prime
>
> and I still have the previous sshd running :-( Where am I doing the
> mistake ? Note I can not log in as root and ssh is the only access to the
> machine (meaning I do not have a terminal connected)

Normally this would work (provided that the command rcsshd is in your
path -- but I guess you checked the at job output).

In your case it could be due to an issue special to 7.1. You need an
uptodate version of the sysvinit package (it's on ftp.suse.com),
otherwise after an update of the sshd binary it won't be killed by the
killproc program (that is used within the /etc/init.d/sshd script). This
was a bug.

Peter

--
VFS: Busy inodes after unmount. Self-destruct in 5 seconds. Have a nice day...