problem with suse 7.2 and susefirewall
  • From: "Klaus Riggart" <studentenkopp@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2001 12:45:28 GMT
hi folks,
im using suse prof 7.2.
as a first step i want the linuxbox turn into a firewall which protects and masquerades my private lan and forwards http-requests to my internal webserver.
running susefirewall i always got
Warning: FTP/IRC/Realaudio etc. masquerading does not work with ipchains and
the 2.4 kernel. Either move to a stable 2.2 kernel or use SuSEfirewall2!
but masquerading partially worked (internal workstations came successfully through the firewall). external web-requests did not come through the firewall although FW_FORWARD_MASQ was enabled.
so i downloaded, installed and configured susefirewall2-2.0 from marcs site. now it says
/sbin/SuSEfirewall2: /usr/sbin/iptables: No such file or directory
a hundred times. no routing/masquerading at all!
i seem to miss a little thing. please help, i'm getting mad on this!
many thanx in advance!
< Previous Next >