Re: [suse-security] problem with suse 7.2 and susefirewall
  • From: "Erwin Zierler - stubainet.at" <erwin.zierler@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2001 14:02:11 +0100
Hi Klaus,

you need to install iptables. Should be easy enough to find via YaST.
SuSEfirewall2 obviously asks for it (I dont use it so I am guessing here but it is quite obvious since it tells you it cant find it :-)

HTH,
Erwin

---
Klaus Riggart wrote:

hi folks,
im using suse prof 7.2.
as a first step i want the linuxbox turn into a firewall which protects and masquerades my private lan and forwards http-requests to my internal webserver.
running susefirewall i always got
Warning: FTP/IRC/Realaudio etc. masquerading does not work with ipchains and
the 2.4 kernel. Either move to a stable 2.2 kernel or use SuSEfirewall2!
but masquerading partially worked (internal workstations came successfully through the firewall). external web-requests did not come through the firewall although FW_FORWARD_MASQ was enabled.
so i downloaded, installed and configured susefirewall2-2.0 from marcs site. now it says
/sbin/SuSEfirewall2: /usr/sbin/iptables: No such file or directory
a hundred times. no routing/masquerading at all!
i seem to miss a little thing. please help, i'm getting mad on this!
many thanx in advance!

--
Erwin Zierler | web- / host- / postmaster - stubainet.at