Re: [suse-security] Open Ports
  • From: "andre@do" <andre@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 14:32:11 +0200
nicola moretti wrote:

Do you start X "manually" (i.e. with startx)? If so, you must give
'--nolisten tcp' as an argument to startx (IIRC...).

doesn't work...

Anyway I snarfed my box with something I was
playing with and require the exact same advice
the kind person gave me a few weeks ago to close
these two ports.
(commenting out the last three lines of some
X file ?)

That's me, I guess (that's "one of the three things"[TM] I know about
kde *and* networking...:-).
Just comment the last three lines of /opt/kde/share/services/kxmlrpcd.desktop
(or just the "X-KDE-Init..." line).

or (don't remember who told me about this, sorry; and I didn't verify
since I use the previous solution) put these two lines

[General]
StartServer=false

in /usr/share/config/kxmlrpcdrc.

NICOLA MORETTI ROCKS !!