SuSEfirewall2 with transparent proxy support
Hi,

I have set up a DSL router (SuSE Linux 7.3, kernel 2.4.16 +
grsecurity-1.9) which does packet filtering with SuSEfirewall2

Now, because of the problems some sites with impropery configured
firewalls (like www.gmx.de and www.postbank.de) have with Path MTU
discovery, I have set up squid on the router.

The sites are accessible now, but I don't seem to get SuSEfirewall2
to transparently redirect http traffic to port 3128, so that I
don't have to configure each client to use the proxy.

I set
FW_SERVICE_SQUID="yes"
and
FW_REDIRECT="192.168.100.0/24,0/0,tcp,80,3128"
but it doesn't seem to help much...
Any ideas on what I could have overlooked?

Any better solutions to the MTU problem are also greatly
appreciated.

TIA,
Robert

--